- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Two killed in Dhaka road accident
Two people have been killed and five others injured when a bus plunged into a roadside ditch after it hit a tree on Dhaka-Chittagong highway near Saddam Market in Signboard area of the city.
The deceased are Mainul, 27, and Popy, 12. The bodies have been sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital morgue.
Inspector Mahmud, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence control room, said the accident took place around 6:30 am Friday.
“A Noakhali-bound bus from Dhaka plunged into a roadside ditch after hitting a tree, leaving two people killed on the spot and five others injured,” the police inspector was quoted by UNB as saying.
Of the injured, one was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital while the others were given first aid.
Being informed, seven units of firefighters went to the spot and were carrying out the search and rescue operation.