- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Two killed in Dhaka road accident
Two people have been killed and five others injured when a bus plunged into a roadside ditch after it hit a tree on Dhaka-Chittagong highway near Saddam Market in Signboard area of the city.
The deceased are Mainul, 27, and Popy, 12. The bodies have been sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital morgue.
Inspector Mahmud, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence control room, said the accident took place around 6:30 am Friday.
“A Noakhali-bound bus from Dhaka plunged into a roadside ditch after hitting a tree, leaving two people killed on the spot and five others injured,” the police inspector was quoted by UNB as saying.
Of the injured, one was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital while the others were given first aid.
Being informed, seven units of firefighters went to the spot and were carrying out the search and rescue operation.