- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
London fire: British PM May orders full public inquiry
British Prime Minister Theresa May has ordered a full public inquiry into the fire that engulfed a west London block of flats, killing at least 17 people.
That figure is expected to rise, as fire chiefs do not expect to find any more survivors in the burnt-out Grenfell Tower in North Kensington.
The PM said people “deserve answers” as to why the fire spread so rapidly.
The first victim has been named by the Syria Solidarity Campaign as Syrian refugee Mohammed Alhajali, 23.
Six victims of the blaze have been provisionally identified, Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy said, but “there is a risk that sadly we may not be able to identify everybody”.
Asked about the number of dead, Cdr Cundy said: “I hope it is not triple figures, but I can’t be drawn on the numbers.”