- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Five Bangladeshis among 17 dead in London fire
Five members of a Bangladeshi family have been killed in the massive fire that broke out in a 24-storey Grenfell Tower apartment block in London early Wednesday.
The deceased are Komru Miah, 82, his wife Razia Begum, 65, their three children Abdul Hanif, 29, Abdul Hamid, 26 and Hosna Begum Tanima, 22. The family lived in the 16th floor of the building. They hailed from Koishaura village under Moulvibazar Sadar upazila.
Local Union Parishad Chairman Selim Ahmed confirmed the matter.