- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Swedish investment in Bangladesh for mutual benefit
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday invited Swedish businesses to invest in Bangladesh and become a partner in trade,according to a BSS report.
“I strongly encourage the Swedish businessleaders to trade with us for mutual prosperity. Together, we can change the lives of millions of citizens of our countries,” she said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina delivers her speech at an event organised by the Sweden unit of Awami League in Stockholm on June 16, 2017PIDShe made the statement at an event arranged by Bangladesh-Sweden Investment Forum at Rosenbad ConferenceCentre of the Swedish Prime Minister’s Office.
She added that 100 Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are being set up in Bangladesh and several of them have been allocated exclusively to China, India and Japan on a G2G (government to government) basis.
The prime minister also said she was happy to learn a MoU was signed on Friday between the Sweden-Bangladesh BusinessCouncil, based in Sweden, and the Nordic Chamber of Commerce and Industry located in Bangladesh.
In regard to ICT, RMG and other sectors, PM Hasina said Bangladesh is a great prospect for investment.