- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
Swedish investment in Bangladesh for mutual benefit
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday invited Swedish businesses to invest in Bangladesh and become a partner in trade,according to a BSS report.
“I strongly encourage the Swedish businessleaders to trade with us for mutual prosperity. Together, we can change the lives of millions of citizens of our countries,” she said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina delivers her speech at an event organised by the Sweden unit of Awami League in Stockholm on June 16, 2017PIDShe made the statement at an event arranged by Bangladesh-Sweden Investment Forum at Rosenbad ConferenceCentre of the Swedish Prime Minister’s Office.
She added that 100 Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are being set up in Bangladesh and several of them have been allocated exclusively to China, India and Japan on a G2G (government to government) basis.
The prime minister also said she was happy to learn a MoU was signed on Friday between the Sweden-Bangladesh BusinessCouncil, based in Sweden, and the Nordic Chamber of Commerce and Industry located in Bangladesh.
In regard to ICT, RMG and other sectors, PM Hasina said Bangladesh is a great prospect for investment.