- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Film actor arrested for raping woman
A film actor has been arrested from Dhaka’s Rupnagar area on allegation of raping a 25-year-old woman, enticing her to his apartment on the lure of a well-paid job in Malaysia.
The detained actor is Tanvir Tanu.
“The woman alleged that Tanu raped her on May 6 night at his home when she went there to handover her passport,” Rupnagarpolice OC Shahidul Alam told the reporters.
The OC said that the woman got acquainted with Tanu on Facebok a few months before.
“Tanu lured the unemployed woman with the promise of a better job in Malaysia. On May 6, Tanu asked her to meet him at his house in Rupnagar. Tanu’s wife was not there that night. Tanu’s friend helped him in the alleged rape and he (Tanu) had been on the run since the incident.
“On Friday, the woman came to know that the film actor had returned home. She came to the police station and filed a complaint in the afternoon. Police immediately raided Tanu’s house and arrested him,” OC Shahidul added.
A case was filed against him under Women and Children Repression Prevention Act,” the OC added.Tanu was sent to the court with five-day remand plea and the woman was sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital for tests.