- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Bangladeshi commits suicide after India’s final defeat
An Indian cricket fan from Jamalpur has reportedly committed suicide after his favourite team’s crushing defeat to Pakistan in 2017 Champions Trophy.
The deceased is Bidyut, 25, son of Anisur Rahman of Shang Gate area and a food vendor.
GRP police station Office-in-Charge (OC) Nasirul Islam said: “Disheartened by the match result, Bidyut committed suicide by jumping in front of a running train Sunday night.”
Pakistan defeated India by 180 runs and lifted the Champions Trophy.