- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Bangladeshi commits suicide after India’s final defeat
An Indian cricket fan from Jamalpur has reportedly committed suicide after his favourite team’s crushing defeat to Pakistan in 2017 Champions Trophy.
The deceased is Bidyut, 25, son of Anisur Rahman of Shang Gate area and a food vendor.
GRP police station Office-in-Charge (OC) Nasirul Islam said: “Disheartened by the match result, Bidyut committed suicide by jumping in front of a running train Sunday night.”
Pakistan defeated India by 180 runs and lifted the Champions Trophy.