- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Bangladeshi commits suicide after India’s final defeat
An Indian cricket fan from Jamalpur has reportedly committed suicide after his favourite team’s crushing defeat to Pakistan in 2017 Champions Trophy.
The deceased is Bidyut, 25, son of Anisur Rahman of Shang Gate area and a food vendor.
GRP police station Office-in-Charge (OC) Nasirul Islam said: “Disheartened by the match result, Bidyut committed suicide by jumping in front of a running train Sunday night.”
Pakistan defeated India by 180 runs and lifted the Champions Trophy.