- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
7 killed, several injured in Bogra, Gopalganj road accidents
Seven people have died in two head-on collisions between vehicles in Bogra and Gopalganj on Monday.
A truck driver, Abdul Karim, and his helper, Mokhlesur Rahman, died near Betgari Fatki bridge in Shajahanpur upazila of Bogra.
Ziaur Rahman, Rezaul Karim, and Majnu were also injured in the accident. The police and local fire service rescued the injured and took them to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital in Bogra.
Shajahanpur police station OC Zia Latiful Islam said: “A truck en route to Dhaka from Bogra collided with another coming from Dhaka en route to Naogaon. Locals believe the accident occurred because the truck driver from Dhaka was drowsy. The roads remained blocked till the trucks were removed from the highway.”