- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
7 killed, several injured in Bogra, Gopalganj road accidents
Seven people have died in two head-on collisions between vehicles in Bogra and Gopalganj on Monday.
A truck driver, Abdul Karim, and his helper, Mokhlesur Rahman, died near Betgari Fatki bridge in Shajahanpur upazila of Bogra.
Ziaur Rahman, Rezaul Karim, and Majnu were also injured in the accident. The police and local fire service rescued the injured and took them to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital in Bogra.
Shajahanpur police station OC Zia Latiful Islam said: “A truck en route to Dhaka from Bogra collided with another coming from Dhaka en route to Naogaon. Locals believe the accident occurred because the truck driver from Dhaka was drowsy. The roads remained blocked till the trucks were removed from the highway.”