- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
7 killed, several injured in Bogra, Gopalganj road accidents
Seven people have died in two head-on collisions between vehicles in Bogra and Gopalganj on Monday.
A truck driver, Abdul Karim, and his helper, Mokhlesur Rahman, died near Betgari Fatki bridge in Shajahanpur upazila of Bogra.
Ziaur Rahman, Rezaul Karim, and Majnu were also injured in the accident. The police and local fire service rescued the injured and took them to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital in Bogra.
Shajahanpur police station OC Zia Latiful Islam said: “A truck en route to Dhaka from Bogra collided with another coming from Dhaka en route to Naogaon. Locals believe the accident occurred because the truck driver from Dhaka was drowsy. The roads remained blocked till the trucks were removed from the highway.”