- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
7 killed, several injured in Bogra, Gopalganj road accidents
Seven people have died in two head-on collisions between vehicles in Bogra and Gopalganj on Monday.
A truck driver, Abdul Karim, and his helper, Mokhlesur Rahman, died near Betgari Fatki bridge in Shajahanpur upazila of Bogra.
Ziaur Rahman, Rezaul Karim, and Majnu were also injured in the accident. The police and local fire service rescued the injured and took them to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital in Bogra.
Shajahanpur police station OC Zia Latiful Islam said: “A truck en route to Dhaka from Bogra collided with another coming from Dhaka en route to Naogaon. Locals believe the accident occurred because the truck driver from Dhaka was drowsy. The roads remained blocked till the trucks were removed from the highway.”