- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
London tower death toll rises to 79, likely to rise further
London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.
London Police Commander Stuart Cundy said the toll from the Grenfell Tower blaze could still change but probably not as much as it had in recent days. He also said that five people who were reported missing had now been found safe and well.
He told reporters the “awful reality” was that due to the intensity of the fire and the devastation it had caused, it may not be possible to identify all the victims.
Some families have lost more than one member, he said, adding that his “heart went out to them”.
The announcement came ahead of a minute’s silence to be held across all Government buildings to remember the people who lost their lives and all those affected by the fire last week.