- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
London tower death toll rises to 79, likely to rise further
London police said 79 people were dead or missing presumed dead after a devastating tower block blaze last week.
London Police Commander Stuart Cundy said the toll from the Grenfell Tower blaze could still change but probably not as much as it had in recent days. He also said that five people who were reported missing had now been found safe and well.
He told reporters the “awful reality” was that due to the intensity of the fire and the devastation it had caused, it may not be possible to identify all the victims.
Some families have lost more than one member, he said, adding that his “heart went out to them”.
The announcement came ahead of a minute’s silence to be held across all Government buildings to remember the people who lost their lives and all those affected by the fire last week.