- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Attack on Fakhrul’s motorcade; 26 BNP men sued in Ctg
A case has been filed against 26 leaders and activists of BNP as a vehicle of the motorcade of BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir allegedly hit a CNG-run auto rickshaw on their way to Rangamati.
Auto-rickshaw driver Md Mohsin filed the case with the Speedy Trial Tribunal of Chittagong on Thursday afternoon against 26 named BNP leaders and activists, including Rangunia upazila BNP president Shawkat Ali Yunus, and 10/15 unnamed people, said Mohsin’s lawyer Nikhil Kumar Nath.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate A S M Shahidullah Kawser ordered Police Bureau of Investigation (PBI) to submit a report after investigation.
Earlier on Sunday, Fakhrul and some other party senior leaders were injured as local Awami League supporters allegedly attacked his motorcade at Isakhali in Rangunia upazila, Chittagong on their way to hillslides-hit Rangamati.
Enamul Haq, former public prosecutor (PP) of Chittagong court and a BNP leader, filed a case with the same court on Wednesday morning accusing 26 leaders and activists of Awami League in connection with the incident.