- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
Unfolding an abduction drama, police found a former Bangladesh Chhatra League leader at a residential hotel of Patenga in the city on Monday night while he was hiding there.
Sub-inspector of Patenga Police Station Shafiqul Islam said the family of Jahidul Islam Durlav, 37, a former member of BCL city unit and a resident of Maijpara, filed a general diary with the police station on Monday claiming that some miscreants picked up Durlav on June 25 night from Maijpara and demanded Tk 90,000 as ransom.
However, police came to know during investigation that Durlav was hiding in the residential hotel, Royal Beach, to avert people’s wrath as he misappropriated over Tk 63 lakh in the name of multilevel marketing, he said.
Later, a team of police detained him from the hotel around 10 pm, the SI said, adding that he was released on bond following requests of local elite.