- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
Unfolding an abduction drama, police found a former Bangladesh Chhatra League leader at a residential hotel of Patenga in the city on Monday night while he was hiding there.
Sub-inspector of Patenga Police Station Shafiqul Islam said the family of Jahidul Islam Durlav, 37, a former member of BCL city unit and a resident of Maijpara, filed a general diary with the police station on Monday claiming that some miscreants picked up Durlav on June 25 night from Maijpara and demanded Tk 90,000 as ransom.
However, police came to know during investigation that Durlav was hiding in the residential hotel, Royal Beach, to avert people’s wrath as he misappropriated over Tk 63 lakh in the name of multilevel marketing, he said.
Later, a team of police detained him from the hotel around 10 pm, the SI said, adding that he was released on bond following requests of local elite.