- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Tuesday said the next general election will be held under the Election Commission’s supervision and the Army will perform their duties as per the constitution.
“The Commission will hold the election while the Army to perform their duties as per the constitution,” he said.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to reporters as he was visiting the construction work on Gouripur Bridge on Gouripur-Homna road.
Amir Hossain MP of Homna-Titas constituency, Daudkandi upazila chairman Major (retd) Mohammad Ali Sumon and leaders and activists of local unit Awami League were, among others, present during the minister’s visit.