- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Tuesday said the next general election will be held under the Election Commission’s supervision and the Army will perform their duties as per the constitution.
“The Commission will hold the election while the Army to perform their duties as per the constitution,” he said.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to reporters as he was visiting the construction work on Gouripur Bridge on Gouripur-Homna road.
Amir Hossain MP of Homna-Titas constituency, Daudkandi upazila chairman Major (retd) Mohammad Ali Sumon and leaders and activists of local unit Awami League were, among others, present during the minister’s visit.