- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Tuesday said the next general election will be held under the Election Commission’s supervision and the Army will perform their duties as per the constitution.
“The Commission will hold the election while the Army to perform their duties as per the constitution,” he said.
The minister came up with the remark while talking to reporters as he was visiting the construction work on Gouripur Bridge on Gouripur-Homna road.
Amir Hossain MP of Homna-Titas constituency, Daudkandi upazila chairman Major (retd) Mohammad Ali Sumon and leaders and activists of local unit Awami League were, among others, present during the minister’s visit.