- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Deposits by ‘AL men’ in Swiss banks rising: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland’s different banks marked a sharp rise as the ‘ruling party’ men are siphoning off their ill-gotten money there.
“The Swiss National Bank launched a series of annual reports titled ‘Banks in Switzerland 2016’ on Thursday revealing that deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland's different banks rose further as over a thousand crore taka has been deposited there within a year,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, he further said, “The ruling party men mainly siphoned off the money that they made through looting and corruption.”
Referring to Finance Minister AMA Muhith’s remark that the banking sector is in a very bad shape, the BNP leader said people believe that Awami League leaders plundered the country’s banks, and deposited the money in the Swiss banks.