- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Deposits by ‘AL men’ in Swiss banks rising: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland’s different banks marked a sharp rise as the ‘ruling party’ men are siphoning off their ill-gotten money there.
“The Swiss National Bank launched a series of annual reports titled ‘Banks in Switzerland 2016’ on Thursday revealing that deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland's different banks rose further as over a thousand crore taka has been deposited there within a year,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, he further said, “The ruling party men mainly siphoned off the money that they made through looting and corruption.”
Referring to Finance Minister AMA Muhith’s remark that the banking sector is in a very bad shape, the BNP leader said people believe that Awami League leaders plundered the country’s banks, and deposited the money in the Swiss banks.