- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Deposits by ‘AL men’ in Swiss banks rising: BNP
BNP on Friday alleged that the deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland’s different banks marked a sharp rise as the ‘ruling party’ men are siphoning off their ill-gotten money there.
“The Swiss National Bank launched a series of annual reports titled ‘Banks in Switzerland 2016’ on Thursday revealing that deposits by Bangladeshis in Switzerland's different banks rose further as over a thousand crore taka has been deposited there within a year,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
Speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, he further said, “The ruling party men mainly siphoned off the money that they made through looting and corruption.”
Referring to Finance Minister AMA Muhith’s remark that the banking sector is in a very bad shape, the BNP leader said people believe that Awami League leaders plundered the country’s banks, and deposited the money in the Swiss banks.