- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
DSE, CSE fall at opening
Both the bourses -- Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) -- witnessed a negative trend during the first hours of trading on Sunday, the first trading session of the week.
After one and half an hour of trading, DSEX, the prime index of the DSE, went down by 3.51 points while CSCX, Selective Category Index of the port city’s bourse, dropped 14.65 points.
DSEX shed over 3.51 points or 0.06 per cent to reach at 5652.53 points at 11:54am.
Of the issues traded till then, 161 advanced, 109 declined and 40 issues remained unchanged.
The turnover stands at Tk 3019.52 million on the DSE, riding on Doreen Power and Regent Textile at 12:04 pm.
Doreen Power dominated the turnover chart with shares worth Tk 168 million changing hands till then.
The CSE also saw a downward trend till then with its Selective Category Index – CSCX – shedding 14.65 points to stand at 10576.71 points, also at 11:51am.
Of the issues traded till then, 86 gained, 79 declined and 21 remained unchanged with a turnover value of Tk 146.83 million.