- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
DU confers Doctor of Laws degree on IAEA DG
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Yukiya Amano received the honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Dhaka University on Tuesday.
The IAEA DG was conferred the degree at a special convocation of the university held at Nabab Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban on the DU campus.
President Abdul Hamid, also chancellor of the university, chaired the convocation while Mr Yukiya Amano spoke as the convocation speaker.
The President welcomed Yukiya Amano to Bangladesh and hailed his role in disarmament and non-proliferation diplomacy.
DU Vice-chancellor Prof AAMS Arefin Siddique, Pro-VC (Education) Nasreen Ahmad and Pro-VC (Administration) Prof Akhtaruzzaman also attended the convocation.