- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
DU confers Doctor of Laws degree on IAEA DG
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Yukiya Amano received the honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Dhaka University on Tuesday.
The IAEA DG was conferred the degree at a special convocation of the university held at Nabab Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban on the DU campus.
President Abdul Hamid, also chancellor of the university, chaired the convocation while Mr Yukiya Amano spoke as the convocation speaker.
The President welcomed Yukiya Amano to Bangladesh and hailed his role in disarmament and non-proliferation diplomacy.
DU Vice-chancellor Prof AAMS Arefin Siddique, Pro-VC (Education) Nasreen Ahmad and Pro-VC (Administration) Prof Akhtaruzzaman also attended the convocation.