- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
DU confers Doctor of Laws degree on IAEA DG
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Yukiya Amano received the honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Dhaka University on Tuesday.
The IAEA DG was conferred the degree at a special convocation of the university held at Nabab Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban on the DU campus.
President Abdul Hamid, also chancellor of the university, chaired the convocation while Mr Yukiya Amano spoke as the convocation speaker.
The President welcomed Yukiya Amano to Bangladesh and hailed his role in disarmament and non-proliferation diplomacy.
DU Vice-chancellor Prof AAMS Arefin Siddique, Pro-VC (Education) Nasreen Ahmad and Pro-VC (Administration) Prof Akhtaruzzaman also attended the convocation.