- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
DSE, CSE recover early fall
Trading on the country’s two bourses witnessed gain in share-price indices recovering the early hours’ fall on Wednesday, the fourth trading session of the week.
DSEX went up by 13.47 points to stand at 773.98 at 12:08 pm which was 5755.42 points at 11:30 am.
But, the two other indices continued the upward trend which also saw negative in the early hours’ of trading. Trade deals stood at 65595 with transaction at Tk 4581.76 million.
Of the issues traded, 153 advanced, 105 declined and 54 remained unchanged. Baraka Power Ltd topped the turnover list with shares worth Tk 292.32 million changing hands till then, followed by Paramount Textile (188.15 million), Fu Wang Food (165.25 million) and Langka Bangla Finance (156.53 million).
Chittagong stocks also saw upward trend with its Selective Category Index, CSCX, climbing up to 17889.5172 by gaining over 37.41 points at 12:06 pm. Out of the issues traded, 109 gained, 63 declined and 37 remained unchanged.