- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Rail Bhaban catches fire
A fire broke out at Bangladesh Rail Bhaban in the city on Friday morning.
Fire Services and Civil Defence sources said the fire originated at an electric board on the ground floor of the 15-storey building around 10:45 am.
On information, three units of firefighters rushed to the spot. But the fire had died down before the firefighters reached the spot, said Operator Farid Uddin of fire service control room.