- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
5 DU students among 26 held for taking drugs
Police arrested 26 people including five students of Dhaka University (DU) and a vice-president of Jagannath University unit of Bangladesh Chhatra League for taking drugs and staying in Suhrawardy Udyan on Thursday night defying restriction.
The DU students who are held include Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury, a master’s student of Law department, Sujon Sarker, a final-year student of Music department, Anwar Hossain, a final-year student of Bangla department, Ariful Islam, a master’s student of Botany department and Faisal Haque, a master’s student of Renewable Energy department.
Abul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Shahbagh Police Station, said that a team of police conducted a drive in the Udyan at night and arrested them on charges of taking drugs and roaming here and there defying restriction.