- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
5 DU students among 26 held for taking drugs
Police arrested 26 people including five students of Dhaka University (DU) and a vice-president of Jagannath University unit of Bangladesh Chhatra League for taking drugs and staying in Suhrawardy Udyan on Thursday night defying restriction.
The DU students who are held include Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury, a master’s student of Law department, Sujon Sarker, a final-year student of Music department, Anwar Hossain, a final-year student of Bangla department, Ariful Islam, a master’s student of Botany department and Faisal Haque, a master’s student of Renewable Energy department.
Abul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Shahbagh Police Station, said that a team of police conducted a drive in the Udyan at night and arrested them on charges of taking drugs and roaming here and there defying restriction.