- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
5 DU students among 26 held for taking drugs
Police arrested 26 people including five students of Dhaka University (DU) and a vice-president of Jagannath University unit of Bangladesh Chhatra League for taking drugs and staying in Suhrawardy Udyan on Thursday night defying restriction.
The DU students who are held include Rezwanul Haque Chowdhury, a master’s student of Law department, Sujon Sarker, a final-year student of Music department, Anwar Hossain, a final-year student of Bangla department, Ariful Islam, a master’s student of Botany department and Faisal Haque, a master’s student of Renewable Energy department.
Abul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Shahbagh Police Station, said that a team of police conducted a drive in the Udyan at night and arrested them on charges of taking drugs and roaming here and there defying restriction.