- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
80kg venison, 2 deer heads, skin seized in Bagerhat
Members of Coast Guard in a drive seized a trawler with 80 kgs of venison, two deer heads and a skin from Sundarbans at Katlar Canel in Sharankhola upazila on Thursday night.
Tipped off, a team of Coast Guard conducted a drive in the area and recovered the venison, heads and skin from the trawler around 7 pm, said Staff Officer Leiutenant Commandar M Fariduzzaman Khan of Mongla West Zone (Operation) of Coast Guard.
However, no one was arrested as the poachers managed to flee the scene sensing the presence of the Coast Guard, he said.