- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
80kg venison, 2 deer heads, skin seized in Bagerhat
Members of Coast Guard in a drive seized a trawler with 80 kgs of venison, two deer heads and a skin from Sundarbans at Katlar Canel in Sharankhola upazila on Thursday night.
Tipped off, a team of Coast Guard conducted a drive in the area and recovered the venison, heads and skin from the trawler around 7 pm, said Staff Officer Leiutenant Commandar M Fariduzzaman Khan of Mongla West Zone (Operation) of Coast Guard.
However, no one was arrested as the poachers managed to flee the scene sensing the presence of the Coast Guard, he said.