- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
80kg venison, 2 deer heads, skin seized in Bagerhat
Members of Coast Guard in a drive seized a trawler with 80 kgs of venison, two deer heads and a skin from Sundarbans at Katlar Canel in Sharankhola upazila on Thursday night.
Tipped off, a team of Coast Guard conducted a drive in the area and recovered the venison, heads and skin from the trawler around 7 pm, said Staff Officer Leiutenant Commandar M Fariduzzaman Khan of Mongla West Zone (Operation) of Coast Guard.
However, no one was arrested as the poachers managed to flee the scene sensing the presence of the Coast Guard, he said.