- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Ivan confesses to raping girl at Banani house
Bahauddin Ivan, an accused in a case filed for raping a young girl at his Banani house, confessed to his crime during primary interrogation, said the Rapid Action Battalion (Rab).
Mufti Mahmud Khan, Rab director (legal and media wing), came up with the disclosure while addressing a press conference at Rab media centre in the city around 11:00 am on Friday.
“Ivan has been addicted to drug since 2005. He received treatment twice at a drug rehabilitation centre.” said Mufti Mahmud.
Earlier on Thursday afternoon, Rab members arrested Ivan from Majhdair in Narayanganj.
“Ivan, father of two children, studied until class IX at Cambrian School and College and later joined his father’s shop where he used to commit many misdeeds,” said Rab director.
Following his various offences, Ivan’s family got him married in 2008 at the age of 20. And he has two children—one is five years’ old and another one year and six months’ old, he added.
On Wednesday, a young girl filed a case against Ivan for reportedly violating her after inviting her to his ‘birthday party’ at a house in the city’s Banani area on Tuesday.
According to the first information report (FIR), “The victim met Ivan on Facebook 11 months back and both have been in an affair since then.”
“On Tuesday night, Ivan invited the girl to his birthday party at his Banani residence saying he wanted to introduce her to his mother. Ivan violated the girl after confining her to his residence and drove out her around 3:30 am,” adds the FIR.