- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
BSF detains 2 Bangladeshis in Thakurgaon
Members of Border Security Force of India (BSF) detained two Bangladeshi nationals from Mondumala border area in Baliadangi upazila on Friday.
The detainees were identified as Ashesh Paul, 24, son of Chandan Paul, Manik Paul, 25, son of Ruti Paul, residents of Udaypur village of the upazila.
Lt Col Khademul Bashar, commander of Thakurgaon BGB-30 battalion, said that a team of BSF detained them early in the morning while they were trying to cross the border without any valid documents.
Later, the detainees were handed over to Indian police.