- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Fake doctor jailed in Moulvibazar
A mobile court here on Friday sentenced a fake physician to one month imprisonment after a team of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab)-9 arrested him during a drive in Srimangal upazila of Moulvibazar district.
The executive magistrate of the mobile court also fined the convict, Rakibul Islam, son of Mozzafar Ahmed, hailing from Homna upazila of Comilla district, Tk 20,000, in default, to suffer 20 days more in jail.
Tipped off, the team of Rab-09 of Srimangal camp raided Icon Medical Service in Srimangal upazila and arrested the imposter as he had been treating patients using fake identity of a doctor, said senior assistant police super of the Rab-9 Moin Uddin Chowdury.