- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Fake doctor jailed in Moulvibazar
A mobile court here on Friday sentenced a fake physician to one month imprisonment after a team of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab)-9 arrested him during a drive in Srimangal upazila of Moulvibazar district.
The executive magistrate of the mobile court also fined the convict, Rakibul Islam, son of Mozzafar Ahmed, hailing from Homna upazila of Comilla district, Tk 20,000, in default, to suffer 20 days more in jail.
Tipped off, the team of Rab-09 of Srimangal camp raided Icon Medical Service in Srimangal upazila and arrested the imposter as he had been treating patients using fake identity of a doctor, said senior assistant police super of the Rab-9 Moin Uddin Chowdury.