- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Fake doctor jailed in Moulvibazar
A mobile court here on Friday sentenced a fake physician to one month imprisonment after a team of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab)-9 arrested him during a drive in Srimangal upazila of Moulvibazar district.
The executive magistrate of the mobile court also fined the convict, Rakibul Islam, son of Mozzafar Ahmed, hailing from Homna upazila of Comilla district, Tk 20,000, in default, to suffer 20 days more in jail.
Tipped off, the team of Rab-09 of Srimangal camp raided Icon Medical Service in Srimangal upazila and arrested the imposter as he had been treating patients using fake identity of a doctor, said senior assistant police super of the Rab-9 Moin Uddin Chowdury.