- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Transport workers go on indefinite strike at Benapole
Transport workers enforced indefinite strike in Benapole from Saturday morning protesting vandalism in a bus counter and assault on four transport workers.
Transport workers said leaders and activists of Benapole Pouro Chhatra League brought out a procession at Benapole port on Friday afternoon aiming to make their district conference a great success.
When the procession reached Benapole Paribahan stand, the BCL activists locked into an altercation with a worker Mohon of ‘Greenline Paribahan’.
At one stage, they beat Mohon.
As the bus driver Jamal, supervisor Alal, helper Liakat came to rescue Mohon, they also came under attack by the BCL men.
Later, the BCL activists also vandalised Greenline Paribahan counter.
Protesting the incidents, the workers enforced the strike demanding punishment of the attackers.
This morning, the workers placed a barricade on the main road of Benapole, halting the vehicular movement.