- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Transport workers go on indefinite strike at Benapole
Transport workers enforced indefinite strike in Benapole from Saturday morning protesting vandalism in a bus counter and assault on four transport workers.
Transport workers said leaders and activists of Benapole Pouro Chhatra League brought out a procession at Benapole port on Friday afternoon aiming to make their district conference a great success.
When the procession reached Benapole Paribahan stand, the BCL activists locked into an altercation with a worker Mohon of ‘Greenline Paribahan’.
At one stage, they beat Mohon.
As the bus driver Jamal, supervisor Alal, helper Liakat came to rescue Mohon, they also came under attack by the BCL men.
Later, the BCL activists also vandalised Greenline Paribahan counter.
Protesting the incidents, the workers enforced the strike demanding punishment of the attackers.
This morning, the workers placed a barricade on the main road of Benapole, halting the vehicular movement.