- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Transport workers go on indefinite strike at Benapole
Transport workers enforced indefinite strike in Benapole from Saturday morning protesting vandalism in a bus counter and assault on four transport workers.
Transport workers said leaders and activists of Benapole Pouro Chhatra League brought out a procession at Benapole port on Friday afternoon aiming to make their district conference a great success.
When the procession reached Benapole Paribahan stand, the BCL activists locked into an altercation with a worker Mohon of ‘Greenline Paribahan’.
At one stage, they beat Mohon.
As the bus driver Jamal, supervisor Alal, helper Liakat came to rescue Mohon, they also came under attack by the BCL men.
Later, the BCL activists also vandalised Greenline Paribahan counter.
Protesting the incidents, the workers enforced the strike demanding punishment of the attackers.
This morning, the workers placed a barricade on the main road of Benapole, halting the vehicular movement.