- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
AL leader killed in Gaibandha road accident
A local leader of Awami League was killed in a road accident at Chara Battala on Bogra-Ghoraghat regional highway in Gobindaganj upazila on Saturday evening.
The accident took place when a wheat-laden truck knocked down a motorcycle carrying Mawlana Abdul Kuddus, religious affairs secretary of Gobindaganj upazila unit of Awami League, leaving him seriously injured.
Later, Kuddus was taken to Bogra Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries around 6:30 pm, said officer-in-charge of Gobindaganj Police Station Mujibur Rahman.