- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Banani rape: Charge-framing hearing date deferred
A court here on Sunday postponed the date of charge-framing and set on July 13 against the five accused, including Shafat Ahmed, in connection to Banani rape case.
The judge of the Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal-2 Shafiul Azam passed the order as Nayem Ashraf’s lawyer sought time to prepare for the case proceedings.
Earlier on June 19, the court took into cognisance the charges against the accused and fixed July 9 to start the hearing on the charge-framing in the case.
Of them, Shafat and Nayem Ashraf were charged for rape while Shadman Sakif, Shafat’s driver Billal Hossain and bodyguard Rahmat Ali for assisting in the offence.
On June 8, police pressed charges against the accused in the case.
Earlier on June 11, the case filed over the rape of two university students in a Banani hotel was transferred to the tribunal from the court of Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Delwar Hossain.
Two female private university students were allegedly raped at The Raintree hotel in the city’s Banani on March 28 last. One of the victims filed the case with Banani Police Station on May 6.