- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
GCC mayor Mannan challenges suspension order
Suspended Gazipur City Corporation Mayor MA Mannan filed a writ petition with the High Court on Sunday morning challenging the government order over his suspension for the third time.
Advocate Abu Hanif, counsel of Mannan, filed the petition on behalf of the GCC mayor.
A hearing over the writ petition will be held at the court of Justice Syed Muhammad Dastagir Husain and Justice Md Ataur Rahman Khan in the afternoon, said Hanif.
On July 6, the government suspended Mannan after the mayor took his office barely 19 days following a court order.
The Local Government Division issued a notification in this regard as a lower court accepted charges against Mannan in a case filed by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) for misusing power and embezzling state money.
Mannan took the charge of the city mayor on June 18, after 28 months of suspension, following an order of the Supreme Court.