- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
RCC officials go on strike
The employees of Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) has started a sit-in demonstration on Sunday to realise their 11-point demand, including wage hike.
The agitating staffers besieged RCC Bhaban and locked up its main gate at 8:30 am.
Workers’ Union’s leaders - Dulal Sheikh and Ajmir Ahmed Mamun who are leading the strike – threatened saying that they would continue the strike if their demands are not met.
After placing the demands to the city corporation boss, the employees have been protesting for the last few days, they added.
To avert any untoward situation, a good number of police personnel have been deployed in front of RCC Bhaban.