- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
RCC officials go on strike
The employees of Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) has started a sit-in demonstration on Sunday to realise their 11-point demand, including wage hike.
The agitating staffers besieged RCC Bhaban and locked up its main gate at 8:30 am.
Workers’ Union’s leaders - Dulal Sheikh and Ajmir Ahmed Mamun who are leading the strike – threatened saying that they would continue the strike if their demands are not met.
After placing the demands to the city corporation boss, the employees have been protesting for the last few days, they added.
To avert any untoward situation, a good number of police personnel have been deployed in front of RCC Bhaban.