- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
RCC officials go on strike
The employees of Rajshahi City Corporation (RCC) has started a sit-in demonstration on Sunday to realise their 11-point demand, including wage hike.
The agitating staffers besieged RCC Bhaban and locked up its main gate at 8:30 am.
Workers’ Union’s leaders - Dulal Sheikh and Ajmir Ahmed Mamun who are leading the strike – threatened saying that they would continue the strike if their demands are not met.
After placing the demands to the city corporation boss, the employees have been protesting for the last few days, they added.
To avert any untoward situation, a good number of police personnel have been deployed in front of RCC Bhaban.