- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Man electrocuted in Gopalganj
A man died on Saturday night after being electrocuted at Bagan Uttarpara village under Kotalipara upazila in the district.
The deceased is identified as Rafiq Sheikh, 32, son of Razzak Sheikh of the village and driver of a three-wheeler.
Officer-in-charge of Kotalipara Police Station Md Kamrul Faruk said Rafiq received serious injuries after being electrocuted around 8:00 pm while he was charging his buttery-run three-wheeler.
He, later, succumbed to his injuries on his way to local hospital.