- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Rail link resumes after 5 hrs in Brahmanbaria
The rail communication between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong resumed after remaining shut for five hours early Sunday.
Witnesses said the locomotive of a Chittagong-bound “Udayan Express” derailed at Akhaura Railway Station halting the rail link between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong around 1:40 am.
Officer-in-charge of Akhaura railway police Md Abdus Sattar confirmed the matter and said the rail communication resumed around 6:00 am after concluding salvage operation.
No one was injured in the incident.