- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Rail link resumes after 5 hrs in Brahmanbaria
The rail communication between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong resumed after remaining shut for five hours early Sunday.
Witnesses said the locomotive of a Chittagong-bound “Udayan Express” derailed at Akhaura Railway Station halting the rail link between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong around 1:40 am.
Officer-in-charge of Akhaura railway police Md Abdus Sattar confirmed the matter and said the rail communication resumed around 6:00 am after concluding salvage operation.
No one was injured in the incident.