- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Rail link resumes after 5 hrs in Brahmanbaria
The rail communication between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong resumed after remaining shut for five hours early Sunday.
Witnesses said the locomotive of a Chittagong-bound “Udayan Express” derailed at Akhaura Railway Station halting the rail link between Sylhet-Chittagong and Dhaka-Chittagong around 1:40 am.
Officer-in-charge of Akhaura railway police Md Abdus Sattar confirmed the matter and said the rail communication resumed around 6:00 am after concluding salvage operation.
No one was injured in the incident.