- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
One held, 20 injured in Gazipur RMG factory fire
At least 20 people were injured and a man was held in connection with a incident of fire at garment factory of Narasinghapur in Ashulia, on the outskirts of the capital, on Sunday.
The fire broke out at the building of 'Medlar Limited' around 9:15 pm on Saturday, said duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence Mahmudul Hoque.
Around 2,500 workers were working at the factory while the fire erupted and at least 20 of them were injured while rushing to escape the blaze, witnesses said.
The injured were admitted to local hospitals.
On information, 10 units of firefighters rushed to the spot and after three hours of frantic efforts they managed to control the fire around 12:00 am.
However, the cause of the fire was not clear yet.
Officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station Abdul Awal said they held a suspect Helal in this connection for interrogation.