- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
One held, 20 injured in Gazipur RMG factory fire
At least 20 people were injured and a man was held in connection with a incident of fire at garment factory of Narasinghapur in Ashulia, on the outskirts of the capital, on Sunday.
The fire broke out at the building of 'Medlar Limited' around 9:15 pm on Saturday, said duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence Mahmudul Hoque.
Around 2,500 workers were working at the factory while the fire erupted and at least 20 of them were injured while rushing to escape the blaze, witnesses said.
The injured were admitted to local hospitals.
On information, 10 units of firefighters rushed to the spot and after three hours of frantic efforts they managed to control the fire around 12:00 am.
However, the cause of the fire was not clear yet.
Officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station Abdul Awal said they held a suspect Helal in this connection for interrogation.