- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
One held, 20 injured in Gazipur RMG factory fire
At least 20 people were injured and a man was held in connection with a incident of fire at garment factory of Narasinghapur in Ashulia, on the outskirts of the capital, on Sunday.
The fire broke out at the building of 'Medlar Limited' around 9:15 pm on Saturday, said duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence Mahmudul Hoque.
Around 2,500 workers were working at the factory while the fire erupted and at least 20 of them were injured while rushing to escape the blaze, witnesses said.
The injured were admitted to local hospitals.
On information, 10 units of firefighters rushed to the spot and after three hours of frantic efforts they managed to control the fire around 12:00 am.
However, the cause of the fire was not clear yet.
Officer-in-charge of Ashulia Police Station Abdul Awal said they held a suspect Helal in this connection for interrogation.