- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
UP chairman among 10 Jamaat men held in Rajshahi
Police here on Saturday afternoon arrested 10 leaders of Jamaat-e-Islami including Bagha upazila parishad chairman during a secret meeting at Amodpur central mosque in Bagha upazila in the district.
Officer-in-charge of Bagha Police Station Ali Mahmud said they had secret information that some Jamaat men were holding a clandestine meeting inside the mosque around 5:00 pm.
Police then arrested Jinnat Ali, Bagha upazila chairman, Nazmul Haque, vice-chairman of Charghat upazila parishad and also district secretary of Jamaat-e-Islami, Saifur Islam, ameer of Bagha municipality, Shamsul Islam, ameer of Arani municipality, Mozibur Rahman, president of Bausa union, Wazed Ali, president of Bajubagha union and Jamaat leaders Sekendar Ali, Moazzem Hossain, Ahmad Ali and Rafiqul Islam.
A case would be filed against the arrestees on charge of planning sabotage, the OC added.