- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Death in road crash sparks protest in Habiganj
Locals blocked Dhaka-Sylhet highway at Bashina in Bahubal upazila of the district for two hours on Monday morning following death of a motorcyclist in a road accident.
The deceased was identified as Mozammel Haque, 25, an employee of SEMCO Company and hailed from Shah Paran area of Sylhet.
Police said a vehicle hit Mozammel’s motorbike in the morning, leaving him injured.
The injured was taken to Habiganj Hospital by a police car where doctors declared him dead.
Locals claimed that the youth was killed after being hit by a police car and blocked the highway protesting the accident, disrupting vehicular movement for two hours.
Senior Assistant Superintendent of Habiganj Police Raselur Rahman said on information, Superintendent of Habiganj Police Joydev Kumar Bhadra, Upazila Nirbahi Officer Jasim Uddin, rushed to spot and brought the situation under control.
Traffic movement on the highway retuned to normalcy at 11:00am, he added.