- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
5 SC lawyers offer apology to HC
Five lawyers of the Supreme Court offered unconditional apology to the High Court on Monday for obstructing court proceedings through shouting and vandalism at courtroom.
They sought the apology before the bench of Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder and Justice Khizir Ahmed Choudhury.
The court fixed July 20 for next hearing.
The five lawyers are—Advocate Nur-e-Alam Ujjal, Lijen Patwari, Sultan Mahmud, Matilal Bepari and Mohammad Ali.
Barrister Badrudozza Badal and Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokon stood for the lawyers.
Earlier, on June 19, some lawyers shouted at the court for not holding hearing of a case as per the cause list of the court. They also assaulted a bench official named Rafiqul Islam over the issue, leaving him injured.
Later, the court asked the five lawyers to appear before it on July 2.
On July 2, when the five lawyers appeared before the court it fixed July 10 for hearing.