- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
5 SC lawyers offer apology to HC
Five lawyers of the Supreme Court offered unconditional apology to the High Court on Monday for obstructing court proceedings through shouting and vandalism at courtroom.
They sought the apology before the bench of Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder and Justice Khizir Ahmed Choudhury.
The court fixed July 20 for next hearing.
The five lawyers are—Advocate Nur-e-Alam Ujjal, Lijen Patwari, Sultan Mahmud, Matilal Bepari and Mohammad Ali.
Barrister Badrudozza Badal and Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokon stood for the lawyers.
Earlier, on June 19, some lawyers shouted at the court for not holding hearing of a case as per the cause list of the court. They also assaulted a bench official named Rafiqul Islam over the issue, leaving him injured.
Later, the court asked the five lawyers to appear before it on July 2.
On July 2, when the five lawyers appeared before the court it fixed July 10 for hearing.