- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
5 SC lawyers offer apology to HC
Five lawyers of the Supreme Court offered unconditional apology to the High Court on Monday for obstructing court proceedings through shouting and vandalism at courtroom.
They sought the apology before the bench of Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder and Justice Khizir Ahmed Choudhury.
The court fixed July 20 for next hearing.
The five lawyers are—Advocate Nur-e-Alam Ujjal, Lijen Patwari, Sultan Mahmud, Matilal Bepari and Mohammad Ali.
Barrister Badrudozza Badal and Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokon stood for the lawyers.
Earlier, on June 19, some lawyers shouted at the court for not holding hearing of a case as per the cause list of the court. They also assaulted a bench official named Rafiqul Islam over the issue, leaving him injured.
Later, the court asked the five lawyers to appear before it on July 2.
On July 2, when the five lawyers appeared before the court it fixed July 10 for hearing.