- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Youth stabbed to death in Khulna
A young man was stabbed to death by unknown miscreants at Juragate area in the city on Tuesday noon.
The deceased was identified as Saidur Rahman Hawlader, 25, son of Selim Hawlader, a resident of 7 No. ghat area of the city.
Mizanur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Khulna Police station, said three unknown miscreants swooped on Saidur and stabbed him incrementally with a sharp machete, leaving him critically injured around 12:30pm while he was sitting at a betel leaf shop in the area.
Later locals rescued him and rushed to Khulna Medical College and Hospital where doctors declared him death.
The motive behind the killing could not know immediately.