- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Indian customs arrest BD man with 20 gold bars
The custom officials of India on Tuesday morning arrested a Bangladeshi man along with 20 gold bars at Petrapole custom centre in India.
The arrestee is identified as Abu Salam, 47, son of Abdul Hamid of Baliganj of Munshiganj Sadar upazila.
Ariful Haque, commanding officer of 49 Border Guard Bangladesh, said the Bangladeshi national was held with 20 gold bars.
Indian custom officials were interrogating him, he added.