- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Indian customs arrest BD man with 20 gold bars
The custom officials of India on Tuesday morning arrested a Bangladeshi man along with 20 gold bars at Petrapole custom centre in India.
The arrestee is identified as Abu Salam, 47, son of Abdul Hamid of Baliganj of Munshiganj Sadar upazila.
Ariful Haque, commanding officer of 49 Border Guard Bangladesh, said the Bangladeshi national was held with 20 gold bars.
Indian custom officials were interrogating him, he added.