- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Indian customs arrest BD man with 20 gold bars
The custom officials of India on Tuesday morning arrested a Bangladeshi man along with 20 gold bars at Petrapole custom centre in India.
The arrestee is identified as Abu Salam, 47, son of Abdul Hamid of Baliganj of Munshiganj Sadar upazila.
Ariful Haque, commanding officer of 49 Border Guard Bangladesh, said the Bangladeshi national was held with 20 gold bars.
Indian custom officials were interrogating him, he added.