- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Indian customs arrest BD man with 20 gold bars
The custom officials of India on Tuesday morning arrested a Bangladeshi man along with 20 gold bars at Petrapole custom centre in India.
The arrestee is identified as Abu Salam, 47, son of Abdul Hamid of Baliganj of Munshiganj Sadar upazila.
Ariful Haque, commanding officer of 49 Border Guard Bangladesh, said the Bangladeshi national was held with 20 gold bars.
Indian custom officials were interrogating him, he added.