- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Son to die for killing mother in Laxmipur
A court here on Tuesday awarded death sentence to a man for killing his mother in Charmartrin area of Kamalnagar upazila in the district in 2005.
Additional Judge of District and Sessions Judges’ Court Md Saidur Rahman Gazi passed the order while the convict Harun Ur Rashid stood in the dock.
According to the case statement, on July 17 of 2005, Harun hacked his mother Kairun Nessa to death over family feud.
Convict’s sister Minara Begum on the next day filed a case accusing Harun with Ramgati Police Station over the murder.
On September 29 of the same year, police submitted charge sheet against Harun in the killing case. After recording the testimony of 13 witnesses, the court handed down the verdict.