- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Son to die for killing mother in Laxmipur
A court here on Tuesday awarded death sentence to a man for killing his mother in Charmartrin area of Kamalnagar upazila in the district in 2005.
Additional Judge of District and Sessions Judges’ Court Md Saidur Rahman Gazi passed the order while the convict Harun Ur Rashid stood in the dock.
According to the case statement, on July 17 of 2005, Harun hacked his mother Kairun Nessa to death over family feud.
Convict’s sister Minara Begum on the next day filed a case accusing Harun with Ramgati Police Station over the murder.
On September 29 of the same year, police submitted charge sheet against Harun in the killing case. After recording the testimony of 13 witnesses, the court handed down the verdict.