- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Son to die for killing mother in Laxmipur
A court here on Tuesday awarded death sentence to a man for killing his mother in Charmartrin area of Kamalnagar upazila in the district in 2005.
Additional Judge of District and Sessions Judges’ Court Md Saidur Rahman Gazi passed the order while the convict Harun Ur Rashid stood in the dock.
According to the case statement, on July 17 of 2005, Harun hacked his mother Kairun Nessa to death over family feud.
Convict’s sister Minara Begum on the next day filed a case accusing Harun with Ramgati Police Station over the murder.
On September 29 of the same year, police submitted charge sheet against Harun in the killing case. After recording the testimony of 13 witnesses, the court handed down the verdict.