- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Son to die for killing mother in Laxmipur
A court here on Tuesday awarded death sentence to a man for killing his mother in Charmartrin area of Kamalnagar upazila in the district in 2005.
Additional Judge of District and Sessions Judges’ Court Md Saidur Rahman Gazi passed the order while the convict Harun Ur Rashid stood in the dock.
According to the case statement, on July 17 of 2005, Harun hacked his mother Kairun Nessa to death over family feud.
Convict’s sister Minara Begum on the next day filed a case accusing Harun with Ramgati Police Station over the murder.
On September 29 of the same year, police submitted charge sheet against Harun in the killing case. After recording the testimony of 13 witnesses, the court handed down the verdict.