- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
No step yet to create election atmosphere: BNP
BNP senior leader Shamsuzzaman Dudu on Tuesday said there is no sign of taking any step to create a congenial atmosphere for holding the next national election as people across the country are still passing their days amid grave panic and worry due to the growing repressive acts.
“You (govt) are kidnapping people whenever you feel to do that and shifting blame on others. You’re also arresting BNP leaders and activists and intellectuals as per your whim, triggering serious panic among people,” he said.
Speaking at a human chain programme, the BNP leader further said, “A terrifying situation has been prevailing across the country, not only in Dhaka. A credible election won’t be possible as long as the fear and panic prevail in public mind.”
Jatiya Gonotantrik Andolan, a pro-BNP platform, arranged the programme in front of the Jatiya Press Club, demanding the release of BNP chairperson’s adviser Zainul Abedin Farroque and other arrested leaders.
Dudu, a BNP vice chairman, urged the government to start withdrawing false cases filed against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and other leaders to ensure a proper election environment.