- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Ilias Ali’s wife finally off to UK
Tahsina Rushdir Luna, the wife of missing BNP leader M Ilias Ali, was finally allowed to go to the UK for joining her eldest son's graduation ceremony.
She along with her two children left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here for London by a flight of Bangladesh Biman around 11am, said BNP chairperson’s media wing member Sayrul Kabir Khan.
Despite the High Court order to permit her, he alleged, Luna was obstructed again by immigration officers at the airport around 9:15am as she went to the immigration after collecting her boarding pass.
Later, Sayrul said they allowed her to go to London.
Luna was supposed to go to London on Sunday, but the immigration officers barred her at the airport for what they said in the interest of the ‘state's security’.
On Monday, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to allow Luna to go to the UK following a petition filed by her in this regard.
Luna is scheduled to attend her son Abrar Ilias graduation ceremony at the University of West England, Bristol next week as his guardian.
Ilias Ali, BNP's the then organising secretary, went missing along with his driver, Ansar Ali, on the midnight of 17 April, 2012. Since then, BNP has been blaming security agencies for his mysterious disappearance, an allegation denied by the government.