- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Ilias Ali’s wife finally off to UK
Tahsina Rushdir Luna, the wife of missing BNP leader M Ilias Ali, was finally allowed to go to the UK for joining her eldest son's graduation ceremony.
She along with her two children left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here for London by a flight of Bangladesh Biman around 11am, said BNP chairperson’s media wing member Sayrul Kabir Khan.
Despite the High Court order to permit her, he alleged, Luna was obstructed again by immigration officers at the airport around 9:15am as she went to the immigration after collecting her boarding pass.
Later, Sayrul said they allowed her to go to London.
Luna was supposed to go to London on Sunday, but the immigration officers barred her at the airport for what they said in the interest of the ‘state's security’.
On Monday, the High Court asked the authorities concerned to allow Luna to go to the UK following a petition filed by her in this regard.
Luna is scheduled to attend her son Abrar Ilias graduation ceremony at the University of West England, Bristol next week as his guardian.
Ilias Ali, BNP's the then organising secretary, went missing along with his driver, Ansar Ali, on the midnight of 17 April, 2012. Since then, BNP has been blaming security agencies for his mysterious disappearance, an allegation denied by the government.