- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Now, 35 baby cobras killed in Natore
At least 35 baby cobras were killed and 15 snake eggs destroyed at Madhnagar village in Naldanga upazila on Tuesday night.
Locals said Hasan Uddin Arinda, a resident of the village, found a snake roaming in his house at night and immediately killed it.
After a while, another snake appeared and he killed it too and found three holes inside the house from where the snakes were coming out.
Later, Hasan along with local people found 33 more snakes and killed those one by one. They also destroyed 15 eggs found in the holes.
However, the mother cobra managed to flee.
With this, a total of 293 cobras were killed in separate incidents in three districts in the last few days.
Earlier, 258 baby snakes were killed in Rajshahi and Satkhira.