- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Now, 35 baby cobras killed in Natore
At least 35 baby cobras were killed and 15 snake eggs destroyed at Madhnagar village in Naldanga upazila on Tuesday night.
Locals said Hasan Uddin Arinda, a resident of the village, found a snake roaming in his house at night and immediately killed it.
After a while, another snake appeared and he killed it too and found three holes inside the house from where the snakes were coming out.
Later, Hasan along with local people found 33 more snakes and killed those one by one. They also destroyed 15 eggs found in the holes.
However, the mother cobra managed to flee.
With this, a total of 293 cobras were killed in separate incidents in three districts in the last few days.
Earlier, 258 baby snakes were killed in Rajshahi and Satkhira.