- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Now, 35 baby cobras killed in Natore
At least 35 baby cobras were killed and 15 snake eggs destroyed at Madhnagar village in Naldanga upazila on Tuesday night.
Locals said Hasan Uddin Arinda, a resident of the village, found a snake roaming in his house at night and immediately killed it.
After a while, another snake appeared and he killed it too and found three holes inside the house from where the snakes were coming out.
Later, Hasan along with local people found 33 more snakes and killed those one by one. They also destroyed 15 eggs found in the holes.
However, the mother cobra managed to flee.
With this, a total of 293 cobras were killed in separate incidents in three districts in the last few days.
Earlier, 258 baby snakes were killed in Rajshahi and Satkhira.