- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Now, 35 baby cobras killed in Natore
At least 35 baby cobras were killed and 15 snake eggs destroyed at Madhnagar village in Naldanga upazila on Tuesday night.
Locals said Hasan Uddin Arinda, a resident of the village, found a snake roaming in his house at night and immediately killed it.
After a while, another snake appeared and he killed it too and found three holes inside the house from where the snakes were coming out.
Later, Hasan along with local people found 33 more snakes and killed those one by one. They also destroyed 15 eggs found in the holes.
However, the mother cobra managed to flee.
With this, a total of 293 cobras were killed in separate incidents in three districts in the last few days.
Earlier, 258 baby snakes were killed in Rajshahi and Satkhira.