- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Man to die for killing wife, daughter in Magura
A court here on Wednesday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife and daughter in 2011.
The condemned convict is Amirul Islam, 37, son of Sobhan Mollah of Choubaria village in Mohammadpur upazila.
According to the prosecution, Kabita Khatun, 25, and her daughter Jamila Khatun were beaten to death by Amirul Islam following a family feud on June 5, 2011.
Local people handed Amirul over to police the following day.
Victim’s father Rafiqullah filed a case with Mohammadpur Police Station.
After examining the records and witnesses, District and Session’s Judge Mafizur Rahman handed down the verdict.