- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Man to die for killing wife, daughter in Magura
A court here on Wednesday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife and daughter in 2011.
The condemned convict is Amirul Islam, 37, son of Sobhan Mollah of Choubaria village in Mohammadpur upazila.
According to the prosecution, Kabita Khatun, 25, and her daughter Jamila Khatun were beaten to death by Amirul Islam following a family feud on June 5, 2011.
Local people handed Amirul over to police the following day.
Victim’s father Rafiqullah filed a case with Mohammadpur Police Station.
After examining the records and witnesses, District and Session’s Judge Mafizur Rahman handed down the verdict.