- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Man to die for killing wife, daughter in Magura
A court here on Wednesday sentenced a man to death for killing his wife and daughter in 2011.
The condemned convict is Amirul Islam, 37, son of Sobhan Mollah of Choubaria village in Mohammadpur upazila.
According to the prosecution, Kabita Khatun, 25, and her daughter Jamila Khatun were beaten to death by Amirul Islam following a family feud on June 5, 2011.
Local people handed Amirul over to police the following day.
Victim’s father Rafiqullah filed a case with Mohammadpur Police Station.
After examining the records and witnesses, District and Session’s Judge Mafizur Rahman handed down the verdict.