- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
2 killed, 10 hurt as bus overturns in Munshiganj
Two people were killed and 10 others injured as a bus overturned and fell into a roadside ditch at Keotchira in Sreenagar upazila of the district on Tuesday night.
The deceased were identified as Achia Khatun, 55, hailed from Holdia village in Lauhojong upazila and Shafiqul Islam, 32, from Kurigram.
Hasara Highway Police Station officer-in-charge Golam Morshed Talukder said a Mawa-bound bus of Gangchil Paribahan from Dhaka skidded off of the highway and fell into a roadside ditch as its driver lost control over the steering at 10:00 pm, killing two passengers on the spot and injuring 10 others.
The injured were admitted to Sreenagar Upazila Health Complex.
Sreenagar Fire Service Warehouse inspector Mohammad Sohel Rana said some 50 passengers have somehow managed to come out from the bus before it drowned in the ditch.
“After a 45-minute effort, fire service men rescued a passenger who got stuck in the bus”, he added.
Immediately after the accident, another bus coming from Dhaka fell into ditch at the same place. Fortunately, none was reportedly injured in the accident.