- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
2 killed, 10 hurt as bus overturns in Munshiganj
Two people were killed and 10 others injured as a bus overturned and fell into a roadside ditch at Keotchira in Sreenagar upazila of the district on Tuesday night.
The deceased were identified as Achia Khatun, 55, hailed from Holdia village in Lauhojong upazila and Shafiqul Islam, 32, from Kurigram.
Hasara Highway Police Station officer-in-charge Golam Morshed Talukder said a Mawa-bound bus of Gangchil Paribahan from Dhaka skidded off of the highway and fell into a roadside ditch as its driver lost control over the steering at 10:00 pm, killing two passengers on the spot and injuring 10 others.
The injured were admitted to Sreenagar Upazila Health Complex.
Sreenagar Fire Service Warehouse inspector Mohammad Sohel Rana said some 50 passengers have somehow managed to come out from the bus before it drowned in the ditch.
“After a 45-minute effort, fire service men rescued a passenger who got stuck in the bus”, he added.
Immediately after the accident, another bus coming from Dhaka fell into ditch at the same place. Fortunately, none was reportedly injured in the accident.