- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Gazipur UP chairman held for embezzlement of relief rice
Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) arrested a union parishad chairman of Gazipur from Savar on Tuesday night on charge of embezzling relief rice.
The arrestee is Md Alauddin Mollah, 65, UP chairman of Ataboho union parishad in Kaliakoir upazila.
A team of ACC conducted a drive in Savar around 10:00 pm and arrested Alauddin, said Abdul Motaleb Miah, officer-in-charge of Kaliakoir Police Station.
Md Mostafizur Rahman, assistant director of ACC, and also investigation officer of the case, said that a local Mozammel Haque filed a case on December 28, 2016, against Alauddin on charge of embezzling 90 metric tonnes of rice allotted for 1,500 poor people.