- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Gazipur UP chairman held for embezzlement of relief rice
Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) arrested a union parishad chairman of Gazipur from Savar on Tuesday night on charge of embezzling relief rice.
The arrestee is Md Alauddin Mollah, 65, UP chairman of Ataboho union parishad in Kaliakoir upazila.
A team of ACC conducted a drive in Savar around 10:00 pm and arrested Alauddin, said Abdul Motaleb Miah, officer-in-charge of Kaliakoir Police Station.
Md Mostafizur Rahman, assistant director of ACC, and also investigation officer of the case, said that a local Mozammel Haque filed a case on December 28, 2016, against Alauddin on charge of embezzling 90 metric tonnes of rice allotted for 1,500 poor people.