- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Gazipur UP chairman held for embezzlement of relief rice
Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) arrested a union parishad chairman of Gazipur from Savar on Tuesday night on charge of embezzling relief rice.
The arrestee is Md Alauddin Mollah, 65, UP chairman of Ataboho union parishad in Kaliakoir upazila.
A team of ACC conducted a drive in Savar around 10:00 pm and arrested Alauddin, said Abdul Motaleb Miah, officer-in-charge of Kaliakoir Police Station.
Md Mostafizur Rahman, assistant director of ACC, and also investigation officer of the case, said that a local Mozammel Haque filed a case on December 28, 2016, against Alauddin on charge of embezzling 90 metric tonnes of rice allotted for 1,500 poor people.