- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Flood hits 6.5 lakh people in 13 districts
Disaster management and relief minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya said that the government has taken all-out measures for affected people as flood hit 45 upazilas in 13 districts.
“Around 6.5 lakh people of the 13 districts have become flood victims,” Maya said while briefing the newsmen on flood situation here on Wednesday.
The flood-hit districts include Sirajgang, Bogra, Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat, Jamalpur,Tangail, Sylhet, Moulvibazar and Cox’s Bazar.
Maya said that the government, meanwhile, allotted Tk 1.9 crore and distributed 4,000 metric tonnes of rice and 18,500 packets along with nine items of dry foods under relief work.
The government has enough relief goods to allot for the affected people, he told the media.