- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Flood hits 6.5 lakh people in 13 districts
Disaster management and relief minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya said that the government has taken all-out measures for affected people as flood hit 45 upazilas in 13 districts.
“Around 6.5 lakh people of the 13 districts have become flood victims,” Maya said while briefing the newsmen on flood situation here on Wednesday.
The flood-hit districts include Sirajgang, Bogra, Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat, Jamalpur,Tangail, Sylhet, Moulvibazar and Cox’s Bazar.
Maya said that the government, meanwhile, allotted Tk 1.9 crore and distributed 4,000 metric tonnes of rice and 18,500 packets along with nine items of dry foods under relief work.
The government has enough relief goods to allot for the affected people, he told the media.