- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Flood hits 6.5 lakh people in 13 districts
Disaster management and relief minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya said that the government has taken all-out measures for affected people as flood hit 45 upazilas in 13 districts.
“Around 6.5 lakh people of the 13 districts have become flood victims,” Maya said while briefing the newsmen on flood situation here on Wednesday.
The flood-hit districts include Sirajgang, Bogra, Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat, Jamalpur,Tangail, Sylhet, Moulvibazar and Cox’s Bazar.
Maya said that the government, meanwhile, allotted Tk 1.9 crore and distributed 4,000 metric tonnes of rice and 18,500 packets along with nine items of dry foods under relief work.
The government has enough relief goods to allot for the affected people, he told the media.