- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Flood hits 6.5 lakh people in 13 districts
Disaster management and relief minister Mofazzal Hossain Chowdhury Maya said that the government has taken all-out measures for affected people as flood hit 45 upazilas in 13 districts.
“Around 6.5 lakh people of the 13 districts have become flood victims,” Maya said while briefing the newsmen on flood situation here on Wednesday.
The flood-hit districts include Sirajgang, Bogra, Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat, Jamalpur,Tangail, Sylhet, Moulvibazar and Cox’s Bazar.
Maya said that the government, meanwhile, allotted Tk 1.9 crore and distributed 4,000 metric tonnes of rice and 18,500 packets along with nine items of dry foods under relief work.
The government has enough relief goods to allot for the affected people, he told the media.