- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Man hacks wife to death in Nawabganj
A housewife was hacked to death allegedly by his husband at Bandura Hasnabad area of Nawabganj upazila on Tuesday night.
The deceased was identified as Sonia Akhter, 30, second wife of Md Shamsuddin in Jontrail area.
Mostafa Kamal, officer-in-charge of Nawabganj Police Station, said that Shamsuddin along with his wife Sonia used to live in a rented house in the area. They often quarreled with each other over familial matters.
On Tuesday night, locals rushed in their house hearing screaming of Sonia and found her dead. Later, they informed police.
On information, police recovered the body on Wednesday morning and sent it to Sir Salimullah Medical College Hospital morgue for an autopsy.
Shamsuddin fled away soon after the incident.