- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Youth held with 1,000 Yaba tablets
Department of Narcotics Control (DNC) here arrested a young man along with 1,000 pieces of Yaba tablets from Sohagpur village in Ashuganj upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The arrestee was identified as Masum Miah, 25, son of Shaheed Miah, a resident of Zahiruddin Para of the village.
Dewan Mohammad Zillur Rahman, inspector of DNC Brahmanbaria, said that on secret information, a team of DNC raided on Masum’s house and arrested him along with 400 pieces of Yaba pills.
Later, the team also recovered 600 pieces of contraband Yaba tablets from the room of his brother Hanif.
A case was filed in connection to the incident.