- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Youth held with 1,000 Yaba tablets
Department of Narcotics Control (DNC) here arrested a young man along with 1,000 pieces of Yaba tablets from Sohagpur village in Ashuganj upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The arrestee was identified as Masum Miah, 25, son of Shaheed Miah, a resident of Zahiruddin Para of the village.
Dewan Mohammad Zillur Rahman, inspector of DNC Brahmanbaria, said that on secret information, a team of DNC raided on Masum’s house and arrested him along with 400 pieces of Yaba pills.
Later, the team also recovered 600 pieces of contraband Yaba tablets from the room of his brother Hanif.
A case was filed in connection to the incident.