- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Youth held with 1,000 Yaba tablets
Department of Narcotics Control (DNC) here arrested a young man along with 1,000 pieces of Yaba tablets from Sohagpur village in Ashuganj upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The arrestee was identified as Masum Miah, 25, son of Shaheed Miah, a resident of Zahiruddin Para of the village.
Dewan Mohammad Zillur Rahman, inspector of DNC Brahmanbaria, said that on secret information, a team of DNC raided on Masum’s house and arrested him along with 400 pieces of Yaba pills.
Later, the team also recovered 600 pieces of contraband Yaba tablets from the room of his brother Hanif.
A case was filed in connection to the incident.