- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Sechchasebok League leader killed by Jubo League leader
Sechchasebok League leader was allegedly hacked to death by a leader of Jubo League in Munshirhat area of the district town on Tuesday night.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Mannan, 27, finance secretary of Sechchasebok League, son of late Tasir Uddin, a resident of Islampur Moholla of the town.
Moshiur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station, said that Sajib Datta, joint general secretary of Sadar upazila Jubo League, obstructed Mannan’s motorcycle in Munshirhat area while Mannan along with his two friends including a former Chhatra League leader Jummon Khan were heading towards town and locked into an altercation.
At one stage, Sajib hacked Mannan and Jummon with a sharp weapon, leaving two critically injured.
Later, the injured were rushed to Sadar Hospital where doctors declared Mannan dead.
Locals claimed that Sajib locked into clash with Mannan one week ago over smoking. As a sequel, Sajib along with his followers attacked Mannan.