- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Family feud spirals out of control as son kills father, then himself
A son committed suicide by hanging himself from a mango tree after killing his father at Jamalpur village in Bagherpara of the district on Thursday noon.
Manjurul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bagherpara Police Station said Shohag, 30, son of Rostam Ali, 60, of the area hit his father’s (Rostam Ali) head with a grubber following an altercation over a land-related dispute around 2:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Later locals rescued him and sent him to Jessore General Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment around 3:30pm.
Shohag killed himself by hanging himself with a towel from a mango tree near his home after hearing the news of his father’s death.
Police believe that Shohag killed himself out of regret at killing his father, OC added.
On information police recovered the body and sent it to the hospital.
Rehana Parveen, a local UP member, said Shohel, another son of Rostam Ali, married willingly eight years ago.