- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Family feud spirals out of control as son kills father, then himself
A son committed suicide by hanging himself from a mango tree after killing his father at Jamalpur village in Bagherpara of the district on Thursday noon.
Manjurul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bagherpara Police Station said Shohag, 30, son of Rostam Ali, 60, of the area hit his father’s (Rostam Ali) head with a grubber following an altercation over a land-related dispute around 2:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Later locals rescued him and sent him to Jessore General Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment around 3:30pm.
Shohag killed himself by hanging himself with a towel from a mango tree near his home after hearing the news of his father’s death.
Police believe that Shohag killed himself out of regret at killing his father, OC added.
On information police recovered the body and sent it to the hospital.
Rehana Parveen, a local UP member, said Shohel, another son of Rostam Ali, married willingly eight years ago.