- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Family feud spirals out of control as son kills father, then himself
A son committed suicide by hanging himself from a mango tree after killing his father at Jamalpur village in Bagherpara of the district on Thursday noon.
Manjurul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bagherpara Police Station said Shohag, 30, son of Rostam Ali, 60, of the area hit his father’s (Rostam Ali) head with a grubber following an altercation over a land-related dispute around 2:30pm, leaving him critically injured.
Later locals rescued him and sent him to Jessore General Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment around 3:30pm.
Shohag killed himself by hanging himself with a towel from a mango tree near his home after hearing the news of his father’s death.
Police believe that Shohag killed himself out of regret at killing his father, OC added.
On information police recovered the body and sent it to the hospital.
Rehana Parveen, a local UP member, said Shohel, another son of Rostam Ali, married willingly eight years ago.