- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
‘Mentally ill’ madrasa teacher found dead in Khulna
A mentally-challenged madrasa teacher was found dead at Number 4 Koyra village in Koyra upazila on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Mawlana Abdul Hye, 58, son of Sheikh Sohor Ali, and also vice principal of Koyra Siddiqia Fazil Madrasa.
Md Enamul Haque, officer-in-charge of Koyra Police Station, said that locals spotted his body in a pond in the morning and informed police.
Later, police recovered the body.
Police also recovered a sharp weapon from the spot.
Family sources said that Hye was mentally challenged. He also tried to commit suicide on Wednesday over feud between two of his families.
An unnatural death case was filed with the police station.