- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
‘Mentally ill’ madrasa teacher found dead in Khulna
A mentally-challenged madrasa teacher was found dead at Number 4 Koyra village in Koyra upazila on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Mawlana Abdul Hye, 58, son of Sheikh Sohor Ali, and also vice principal of Koyra Siddiqia Fazil Madrasa.
Md Enamul Haque, officer-in-charge of Koyra Police Station, said that locals spotted his body in a pond in the morning and informed police.
Later, police recovered the body.
Police also recovered a sharp weapon from the spot.
Family sources said that Hye was mentally challenged. He also tried to commit suicide on Wednesday over feud between two of his families.
An unnatural death case was filed with the police station.