- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
PM mourns Justice Anwarul’s death
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday expressed deep shock at the death of Justice Anwarul Haque, chairman of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT).
In a condolence message, the Prime Minister recalled the courageous role of Justice Anwarul in the trial of war criminals. “He played an important role in upholding the spirit of the Liberation War by freeing the nation from stigma," she said.
Sheikh Hasina prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Justice Anwarul Haque breathed his last at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in the afternoon at the age of 61.