- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
PM mourns Justice Anwarul’s death
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday expressed deep shock at the death of Justice Anwarul Haque, chairman of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT).
In a condolence message, the Prime Minister recalled the courageous role of Justice Anwarul in the trial of war criminals. “He played an important role in upholding the spirit of the Liberation War by freeing the nation from stigma," she said.
Sheikh Hasina prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Justice Anwarul Haque breathed his last at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in the afternoon at the age of 61.