- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
PM mourns Justice Anwarul’s death
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday expressed deep shock at the death of Justice Anwarul Haque, chairman of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT).
In a condolence message, the Prime Minister recalled the courageous role of Justice Anwarul in the trial of war criminals. “He played an important role in upholding the spirit of the Liberation War by freeing the nation from stigma," she said.
Sheikh Hasina prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Justice Anwarul Haque breathed his last at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in the afternoon at the age of 61.