- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
PM mourns Justice Anwarul’s death
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday expressed deep shock at the death of Justice Anwarul Haque, chairman of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT).
In a condolence message, the Prime Minister recalled the courageous role of Justice Anwarul in the trial of war criminals. “He played an important role in upholding the spirit of the Liberation War by freeing the nation from stigma," she said.
Sheikh Hasina prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Justice Anwarul Haque breathed his last at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in the afternoon at the age of 61.