- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
7 BCL men held while beating student in Sylhet
Locals on Thursday handed over seven leaders and activists of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) to police for beating a MC College student at Kumargaon Bus Stand in the city.
The seven BCL men are Kawsar, son of Abdul Mannan; Shaon, son of Mozammel Hossain; Rafijul Islam, son of Ilias Miah; Newton Chowdhury, son of Arbindo Chowdhury; Sohag Miah, son of Abdul Hasim; Suman, son of Akil Ali; and Sourav Acharjya, son of Suvash Acharjya.
Police said the seven BCL men of the MC College unit attacked Suman while he was waiting at the bus stand to return home after the authorities shut down the college following the BCL infighting.
At one stage, locals caught the seven BCL men and handed them over to police, said officer-in-charge of Jalalabad Police Station.
A general diary was filed with Shahparan Police Station in this connection.
Meanwhile, Suman was admitted to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital.