- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Strong opposition must in democratic country: Sirisena tells Raushan
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has said there should be a strong Opposition in a democratic country and through which the path of the government could be corrected.
In a democratic country, opposition is also important," the Sri Lankan President was quoted as saying when Bangladesh Opposition Leader in Parliament Raushan Ershad met him at a city hotel.
The Sri Lankan President, who has made revolutionary transformation in Sri Lanka, appreciated the fact that women are holding several high positions in Bangladesh - Prime Minister, Speaker in Parliament and Opposition Leader.
During the meeting held on Thursday, he also said Sri Lanka too has made arrangements to increase female representation in parliament, according to a message UNB obtained from Sri Lankan President's office.
President Sirisena, an experienced leader in the region, pointed out the possibility of working together in finding solutions to common issues for the both countries.