- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Strong opposition must in democratic country: Sirisena tells Raushan
Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena has said there should be a strong Opposition in a democratic country and through which the path of the government could be corrected.
In a democratic country, opposition is also important," the Sri Lankan President was quoted as saying when Bangladesh Opposition Leader in Parliament Raushan Ershad met him at a city hotel.
The Sri Lankan President, who has made revolutionary transformation in Sri Lanka, appreciated the fact that women are holding several high positions in Bangladesh - Prime Minister, Speaker in Parliament and Opposition Leader.
During the meeting held on Thursday, he also said Sri Lanka too has made arrangements to increase female representation in parliament, according to a message UNB obtained from Sri Lankan President's office.
President Sirisena, an experienced leader in the region, pointed out the possibility of working together in finding solutions to common issues for the both countries.